It gets better—the guy is deaf, and he taught his cat the sign for “food.” So the cat’s not just saying “put that in my mouth,” it’s actually signing
Not only that, but if you notice at the beginning, the cat *gets the man’s attention* as any person who wanted to talk to a deaf/hoh individual would (well, and vice versa IME). I’ve done sign since I was 5, and generally, w/o eye contact initially, you wave a hand or lightly touch the arm (if that’s ok with the person you’re trying to converse with, of course).
Generally, adult cats meow mostly to humans, but this cat has figured out that’s not going to work and has adapted. Animal companions! They are INCREDIBLE.
EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LOOK AT THIS CAT.
So I was explaining my gender-fluidity to my grandmother
- Me: So sometimes I'm a boy, but sometimes I'm a girl.
- Grandma: I have enough idiot granddaughters already
- Grandma: But I also have enough idiot grandsons, so having an idiot who isn't really either one is kind of refreshing.
- *then later*
- My mom: Alex, can you come pick up these LEGOs?
- Me: Yeah... *doesn't move at all*
- Grandma: Katie, go pick up the LEGOs
- Me: Yeah, alright *goes to pick up LEGOs*
- Grandma: See, you addressed the boy, but I addressed the girl. Boys are lazy, girls get crap done.